Tuesday, May 22, 2007

James 3--Works of Wisdom

Works should be done in meekness (gentleness) of wisdom.

I know there are times that I have not done my works in gentleness of wisdom. I have been pride-full. And wanting to gain a good reputation or acclaim from man. One of my favorite hymns is "Be Thou My Vision". And I love this verse



Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise.

Thou mine inheritance, now and always.

Thou and thou only, first in my heart.

High King of Heaven, my treasure thou art.




It is the cry of my heart to seek only the Lord and for Him to be first in my heart. And that the things that I do would bring glory to Him alone. That I would be invisible. My dear husband is the epitome of this--a humble man who seeks first the Lord. I learn much from him. But I have much farther to go!


Bitter, envy, self-seeking hearts that are boastful and lying are not from above. They are earthly sensual and demonic. And bring confusion and evil. Wisdom from above is pure, peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits without partiality and without hypocrisy.


May I seek wisdom that is from above. It seems almost impossible to live that way 100% of the time. But I know there is nothing that is impossible for You. I have seen growth though in this area of my life. To consider what I was like before knowing the Lord (i.e #1 above) and to see how far I've come gives me hope that He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it! Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments: