Sunday, May 27, 2007

I Peter 3--Wives and Husbands

Wives, be submissive to your own husbands.

Well, I have a story about being submitted. So I won't go down the road of pride and say that I am so submitted. I said that once, and the Lord tapped me on the shoulder and reminded me of an area I wasn't. But I try.

Do not let adornment be merely outward. Rather let it be the hidden person of the heart with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.

Gentle = meek and humble
Quiet= character of her action and reaction to her husband and life in general.

Perhaps I could learn to be more quiet in my reactions to life. My dh and I have very little conflict. Unless you count that once a year argument that we used to have over how to hang the lights on the Christmas tree. But we've handled that one, last year we bought a prelit tree! Hee! Hee!

Husbands dwell with wives with understanding, giving honor to the wife as to the weaker vessel ...so that your prayers may not be hindered.

Understanding = sensitive to needs, fears, and feelings of wife.
Physically weaker--in need of protection, provision and strength.

All I could think when reading this is how grateful I am for my sweetie and what a wonderful husband he is. And how hard it must be to dwell in understanding with me when I flip-flop emotionally. Also, he is so great to be my source of protection, provision and strength, especially as a homeschooling mom. He encourages me to persevere even when I'm at my wits ends, which fortunately is not too often. I am so grateful to the Lord for the best hubby in the world!

No comments: