Monday, May 21, 2007

James 3-Teachers and Tongues

Teachers will be judged by stricter standards. Therefore, they must be careful about what they are teaching.



As a former professional teacher and a homeschool teacher, boy do I understand why. It's more difficult to re-teach than to teach it right the first time. And how many aberrant and heretical teachings are there in the church today. They keep growing and gaining more followers, because people continue to teach these false doctrines. Lord, help me to study your Word, so that I will know You and Your ways and not fall into these false doctrines.




The Tongue



The tongue is evil. James compares it to a bit in a horse's mouth and the rudder of a ship. It is a small piece of the body. But it is powerful. What comes out of the mouth defiles the whole body!Proverbs says, "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." What's in our hearts comes out of our mouths. And Jesus talked of the cup being clean on the outside, but dirty on the inside. We may look neat and clean on the outside, but our hearts are full of wickedness and deceit. It is the Lord only who can clean the inside and make us new. Yet even as Christians, our tongues are unruly evil full of deadly poison. Lord, help me and "set a guard over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips." The mouth blesses God and curses man. God says it shouldn't be that way. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." Psalm19:14

No comments: