Friday, July 13, 2007

I Thes 1--Election

I Thessalonians 1

Paul give thanks for the Thessalonians. He mention them in his prayers and remembers their works, labor and patience.

I pray that the fruit of my life will pleasing to the Lord and a blessing to others. And patience would continue to grow. I still have far to go in this area, but I see growth and I am encouraged!

Knowing your election by God
God initiates our election. He is the one who first loves and foreordained. But once was the veil is removed, the choice becomes ours. This is also known unconditional election. My sweetie likes to put it like this. Once God opens our eyes to our true state, then it's like choosing between filet minon and a plate of dung. You can still choose the latter, but why would you?

One Christmas, we did a devotional with the boys that was neat. On Christmas morning, we gave them each a little piece of coal in it. Then we read Psalm 51 where David repents of his sin with Bathsheba. He says, "Against you and you alone have I sinned." As they held the coal, it got all over their hands and everything they touched was dirtied. And that it was our sinful lives are like. But Jesus died to pay the price for our sin if we will repent and trust in Him. And then we put the choice before them in this analogy--Would you rather choose a piece of dirty coal or Christmas morning?

Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.
There is a wrath to come! So many teach that God is so loving that He wouldn't send someone to Hell. And many believe they are good enough to get to heaven. Are you sure? Take this test to find out.





No comments: