Saturday, July 7, 2007

Colossians 3--Submission, Lord-pleasers

Wives submit to own husband.

My testimony here is sobering. I used to be proud that I was soooo submissive. But 3 years ago the Lord got my attention and showed me that I wasn't as submissive as I thought I was. Long story short, my sweetie wanted another child and in my heart I was all done. Well...the Lord won and I'm so glad He did because now I have my sweet K. (15 months old)

Husbands love wives--do not be bitter.

One thing that I know for sure is that my sweetie loves me. He's the best!!

Children obey your parents in all things for this is well-pleasing to the Lord.

Bondservants obey masters, not with eyeservice as man pleasers but in sincerity of heart.
I think this could apply to employees. That they should work for their employers with sincerity of heart, not just giving lipservice (external service).

Whatever you do, do it heartily as to the Lord and not to man.
It's good to remember that we should do everything for the Lord and not man. I know I have much to learn here. But I hope to see growth in this area.

No comments: