Friday, July 6, 2007

Colossians 1--Christ is First!

He is the image of the invisible God, firstborn of all creation.

In Christ, we see an image of God. He is God, but He came in the flesh. This blows my mind. It is hard for my finite mind to handle that the God who can fit the span of the universe in the palm of his hand came to earth as a baby. But when we look at Christ we see God.

By Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are in earth, visible and invisible.
All things were created through Him and for Him.

Christ created everything in heaven and on earth. Everything we see and everything that is invisible. And everything was created for Him.

He is before all things and in Him all things consist

He is eternal. He existed before anything else. And everything is held together by Him.

He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning the firstborn from the dead that in all things He may have preeminence

He is the leader of the church. He was the first to rise from the dead. He is first in everything.

Lord, I pray that my life will reflect you as being first. Not my own desires. Help me to glorify you in everything!

No comments: