Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Titus 2

All Christians, regardless of age and gender, need sound doctrine!

Older Men (60+)
--be sober (sensible)
--reverent
--temperate
--sound in faith
--sound in love
--sound in patience

Older Women (60+/ past child bearing/raising)
--reverent
--not slanderous
--not given to much wine
--teachers of good things
--admonish young women
--to love husbands
--to love children
--to be discreet (pure)
--chaste
--homemakers
--good
--obedient to own husband

I've always desired to have a mentor, but it has never really materialized. But I have a heart to mentor those who are younger than I am. The problem is that I am many times feeling my way around trying to figure out what I'm doing. The older I get the more I realize how much I don't know and how little I have to offer. But I do desire to be a good wife and mother and all that other stuff mentioned.

Young men (12+)
--sober minded (sensible)
--pattern of good works
--in doctrine showing integrity
--showing reverence
--showing incorruptibility
--showing sound speech that can't be condemned (Daily conversations are beyond reproach)
--So that opponent has nothing evil to say of you.

Bondservants (Could this be applied to employees? I think it fits.)
--obedient to master (boss?)
--well pleasing in all things
--not answering back
--not pilfering
--showing all good fidelity

We are to :
Speak (Proclaim) the Word
Exhort with the Word (Apply)
Rebuke with the Word (Correct)

This reminds me of II Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

I need to know the Word better and to understand it more, especially during the times that we are living with so much false teaching.

No comments: