Thursday, December 20, 2007

Memorizing Scripture



I've decided it's time to get serious about memorizing scripture. I've gone back and forth with memorizing a verse here and there. But I've been challenged how JJ has memorized James 1 and is working on James 2.

I just read this article by Dr. Davis on the Value of Scripture Memorization and intend to put this into practice.

Since our church is going through Colossians, I figure that would be a good place to start.

So my start date for memorizing Colossians is December 12th. And my goal for finishing is April 9th.

May the Lord bless the meditation of His Word and help me to accomplish this goal.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Awesome! I have memorized Colossians and it is nothing less than an amazing book...as is all the Word, but you know what I mean. May God grace you with wisdom and knowledge of Him in your endeavor.